Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Travel Bucket list


While I was procrastinating on my Book Illustration homework (That will be posted after the quarter is over for sure), I was thinking about all the places that I wanted to travel when I get the chance and the money. Here are some of these places:
1: Niagara Falls- I live 90 min away and I still haven't been there.
2: Cross-country road trip- This is something that I've really wanted to do. There are so many places in the United States that I want to visit, and are naturally beautiful. I want to go back to Grand Canyon National Park again, but I also want to visit Mt Rushmore, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and that park where all the giant redwoods are. I want to visit the badlands in the Dacotas and Big Sky Country in Montana. I want to see the Rockies in Utah and Colorado. The Sonoran Desert. There are a ton more places out west that are beautiful or interesting to visit.
3: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia- I hear it's really beautiful, so I'd like to go hiking there, and hiking in the Appalachian Mountains.
4: Washington DC- I've been to three other nation's capitals but I've never been to my own. This needs to change.
5: Seattle, WA- Why not?
6: Vancouver, British Columbia- Great Bear Rainforest. I've wanted to go for a long time.
7: Alaska- I don't know where in Alaska, but I want to see it.
8: San Fransisco, CA, Santa Fe, NM.
9: These places I've already visited, but I want to go again: Crystal Cove, Laguna Beach CA, Boston MA, Ogonquit ME (and elsewhere in Maine), Savannah GA. New York City NY.
10: Saratoga Springs NY, my hometown . Screw Rochester. It's too cold here.
Now for the foreign places which are a little more fun:
1: Mach Pichu, Peru- When I was a child I had this computer game where you could travel to different countries and learn a little paragraph about them. Machu Pichu has always been top of my list.
2: Morocco- I went for a week last year and it was amazing. There were places there that I didn't get to see, and I want to sleep in the Sahara again!
3: Thailand- It looks really interesting. I don't even know what to say.
4: Great Wall of China- Again when I was young, I wanted to do the People to People student Ambassadors program. There was a trip to China that I really really wanted to go on, but that never happened and I still want to go.
5: Venice, Italy- I lived in Italy for almost a year and I didn't go. I kind of have to if I'm going to be living there. I want to go in the fall though so there are fewer tourists.
6: Scotland- I really want to go hiking there.
7: Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland- Because it's awesome.
8: Dublin, Ireland- To return to the land of my ancestors I guess. Also it sounds like a fun city.
9: Rzeszów, Kracow, Warsaw, Gdansk, Poland and the Carpathian mountains- My Mother's family is originally from Rzeszòw, Poland and I've wanted to visit.
10: Oaxaca, Monte Albàn, Mexico- Mayan Temples!
Well... there's plenty more places that I want to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment