Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Live Trace Practice Assignments

Practicing live trace in Illustrator of digital graphic illustration. We are starting a self portrait project, so here it goes.

Playing around with the preset settings.

And with color.
I like the trippy looking ones at the bottom right, but I think that this one turned out the best.

Me in the Atlas mountains.
So there it is. Working on more stuff in watercolor and guaches, so there'll be some traditional stuff up soon. I painted from the model yesterday in class and it was like being able to see fresh again. I love figure drawing. It was actually the first time that I've painted from a model, and I've also only used guaches a couple times before with varied results, so it was interesting and a ton of fun.
Naples this weekend, so maybe some sketches of Pompeii and Herculaneum to come. I hope that maybe if we visit the theater quarter, I can take some photo refs/ sketches of the theaters so maybe I can work on a piece more geared towards archaeological illustration. It should be interesting regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment