Sunday, October 30, 2011

Adventures in Morocco Part Two (Because Blogspot Doesn't Like Me)

Blogger doesn't like me.
So.
After visiting Todra Gorge, we drove into the Atlas Mountains to visit a Berber village.

Atlas Mountains

Imlil
Imlil

We stayed in a homestay with a hilarious Berber guy and his family and hiked around the village. It was incredible to see first hand such a different culture and way of life. Visiting Imlil was definitely one of my favorite highlights of the trip.
Also. On the way there, we also stopped at an 11th century town where several movies were filmed including Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven:

No caption necessary.
After visiting Imlil, we drove to Essoaria, a city on the coast and I completed all my Christmas shopping. Unfortunately, I didn't get to visit the beach. It was beautiful and a lot of fun regardless.

We also stopped to herd goats.


Overall: Awesome trip, but I'm happy to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment